Prepping inside for painting!

Being in lock down means that we aren't going to be going out much this year in Tiny, all of the shows have cancelled and I can't actually justify an 'essential journey' in her. 

I have stripped the cab back so I can start painting the cab - all the seats are out and everything is cleaned down ready for sanding. The seats were a proper pain - no captive nuts and four different bolt lengths and sizes and only one of me to do it! 

A bit of research on the paint from some friendly forums presented the paint codes: 


Bs381c 369    Biscuit,          Inside the lockers
Bs381c 384    Light straw,    cab upper panels
Bs381c 412    Dark brown,   cab lower panels

Its a coach enamel paint which can be brushed onto a primed surface so have ordered some primer and 'Light Straw' for the upper part of the cab. I want to see what finish I get with a brush - it has a 'long wet edge' which is a term I never knew existed that means it takes a while to dry and settles to get rid of brush marks. 
The floor will be brush painted with the Dark Brown and the engine cover and dash board I will have a go at spraying to get a nice finish. I will fill the holes we have been butchered into it too. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to our family Tiny!

Two sides of the Iron Curtain

Oil Leaks - Fixed (Mostly)