Whistle - Bang - Tighten - Shows

Got a few Classic shows coming up I am hoping to make over the next few weeks if the weather holds up. Doing a bit of a shakedown, Tiny has been sat for a while over the summer waiting for some shows to actually happen! 

Took Tiny for a test run yesterday and when hot the past few times I have taken her out she has been misfiring and just generally being a bit of a pain. Also when first starting there is sometimes a BANG and the final section of exhaust hangs off. 

I have a manifold vacuum leak which is causing a bit of a whistle when idling and is a job I have not got round to properly having a look at. I think it has been leaning the mixture off a tad as she has felt more gutless than usual which might be causing the troubles. I had a bit of a poke this evening and two of the manifold nuts on the intake were a bit slack - went through each of them and gave them a pinch up some 1/2 a turn! I also tightened the carb body down and swapped out a fibre spacer which looked a bit worse for wear. These spacers insulate the carb from the heat of the manifold and stop it vapour locking supposedly.  Although recent experiences have shown me it doesn't really work!

I put some new u-bolts on the tail pipe so it shouldn't fall off again but it became too late for a run to test it out without waking the kids so that's tomorrow nights job. 

It started to get dark at 7:30 so was very pleased with my LED upgrade to the cab ceiling light - it was like daytime and was able to continue past curfew :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to our family Tiny!

Two sides of the Iron Curtain

Oil Leaks - Fixed (Mostly)