Oil Leaks - Fixed (Mostly)

I waged war on oil leaks. Armed with some nice thick gasket paper from my father in law (Thanks Eric) a tube of Black Gasket Maker by Wynns (Great stuff) and new oil I replaced the gaskets and oil seals on the axles, transfer box, sump and rocker cover. Anglia Bearing Company were great and had in stock the correct replacement sizes that I needed. Transmission products supplier | Anglia Bearing Company Ltd (anglia-bearing.co.uk)

The original leather oil seals had served their time and were very dry and tired. 

I only have the gear box to do now which I will try and do in situ, but the rest of the underneath is now oil leak free. 






The transfer box has the main drive for the speedometer which included a plastic worm gear. This had started to deteriorate and I got a replacement.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to our family Tiny!

Two sides of the Iron Curtain